A guide to What’s On in Cobourg – where to find places, shows, events.
For more detail and event times and places, go to: COBOURG CALENDAR
- Rainbow Cinemas at Northumberland Mall - showtimes for this week & next here. (Updated weekly - usually Mondays)
- The Loft at 201 Division St,: Better quality films; documentaries, occasional live shows. Go here for more detail and the Current Program.
- Northumberland Film Sundays - Selected Sundays, Spring & Fall at the Northumberland Mall. Also a Festival in Winter - not always the same weekend.
Music & Plays
For events/programs of these organizations, please see the comprehensive Cobourg Calendar here.
Northumberland Players & Firehall Theatre
Live Theatre - Includes a dinner theatre at the Best Western. For information about subscriptions, tickets, auditions, and volunteer opportunities, check online at www.northumberlandplayers.com All shows are listed on Cobourg Internet's Calendar.
For events/programs of events at Victoria Hall, please see the comprehensive Cobourg Calendar here.
Tickets and more information at Victoria Hall - Tickets for several of the other organizations are also available at Victoria Hall Box Office.
At Victoria Hall - Web site
Web site: Oriana Singers
Northumberland Orchestra & Choir
Concerts at Trinity United Church, Cobourg or in Port Hope; Tickets at Victoria Hall Box Office
La Jeunesse Choir
Youth Choir Performs at Trinity united Church Cobourg. Web site. (Note - a separate organization called La Jeunesse Orchestra performs in Port Hope.)
Concert Band of Cobourg
- Throughout the Summer (July 4 thru September 5 in 2017) the Concert Band of Cobourg presents concerts in the Bandshell in Victoria Park - every Tuesday at 8:00pm.
- The Band also performs at the January 1st Mayor's Levee, the July 1st ceremonies at the Bandshell and other Civic events.
- Art Gallery of Northumberland - Web site
Special Events in 2017
RBC Cup - May 13 to 21, 2017 More here.
Senior Games - District 12 - web site here.
Only teams on the web are listed below.
- The Cobourg Cougars play Mondays in season at the Community Centre. They are an OJHL Jr A Hockey Club. Sometimes other days as well. See their web site.
- Minor Hockey
- Cobourg Badminton Club
- Bowling – at Northumberland mall
- Lawn Bowling
- West Northumberland Curling Club - At Jack Heenan Arena, 206 Furnace Street Cobourg
- Northumberland Minor Lacrosse
- Cobourg Soccer
- Pine Ridge Hiking Club
More detail for most events in the comprehensive Cobourg Calendar here
- Robbie Burns Dinner and Ceilidh January each year (Jan 28 in 2017)
- Film Sundays Winter Film Festival - for 2017: Jan 20 to 22.
- Cobourg Highland Games – Saturday - 2 weeks before July 1st weekend. June 17, 2017
- Beach Volleyball - Several weekends in May through July
- Cobourg Waterfront Festival - The major event of the year – July 1st weekend. Extra events in 2017 to celebrate Canada's 150th.
- Ghost Walks - Summer - Tickets at Victoria Hall Box Office - not confirmed for 2017.
- Antique Car show - In 2017, Sunday July 16 in Victoria Park - 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Animals R Us - July 22, 2017
- Movies on the Beach - three Saturdays at 8:30pm
- Annual performamce by Rob Franklin of a play about James Cockburn. In front of Victoria Hall, Saturday of August long weekend at 11:00am.
- Song Writers Showcase for the Shelter Valley Folk Festival - downtown - July 28 in 2016 - not confirmed for 2017.
- Sand Castle Competition – Victoria Park Beach – Saturday of August long weekend.
- Sidewalk Sale and Music Festival - Downtown - Music on Saturday and Sunday of August long weekend.
- Northumberland Rib Festival – mid-August each year in Victoria Park (18 to 20 August in 2017)
- Shelter Valley Folk Festival – just down the road in Grafton - Labour Day Weekend - Friday afternoon to Sunday.
- Dragon Boat Festival - In 2017 September 23
- Family Wellness Day Expo - 2017 date is November 4, 10:00 to 5:00pm Northumberland Mall
- Cobourg Santa Parade - Third Sunday in November at 2:00pm - goes along King St. from D'Arcy St. to William St (details of route here). On November 19 in 2017.
- Turn on Christmas Lights on the Waterfront - Starts at Victoria Hall at 6:30, Friday November 24, 2017
- Annual Christmas concert by Concert Band of Cobourg; Sunday before Christmas - 2:00pm (December 18 in 2016)
- First Night - New Year's Eve 7:00 to 10:00 pm - Rotary Park: skating, wagon rides, outdoor entertainment and live music entertainment in the Market Bulding; fireworks along the waterfront at 10:00pm.
Downtown Events by DBIA
This usually means that King street is closed to traffic and that events are happening Downtown Cobourg. DBIA web page
As confirmed to date
- Girls’ Night Out: 5 - 10pm, May 12 2017
- Busker and Art Street Festival: 10am - 6pm June 17th 2017
- Sidewalk Sale & Music Festival - Aug 3 to 6. 2017
Every Saturday morning from 7:00am - from May to late December. Behind Victoria Hall on Albert Street.
Here is a list of Cobourg based restaurants (that is, not chains) who have web sites
Cobourg also has Swiss Chalet, East Side Marios, Subway, Mr. Sub, MacDonalds, 3 Tim Hortons, Wimpys, Dairy Queen and KFC plus a few locally owned restuarants without web sites.
The Town's web site has a list of Restaurants here.
Last updated Mar 26, 2017
- Oasis Bar & Grill
Most Wednesdays at 6:30 and all Sundays - Web page.
- Kelly's Homelike Inn
Fridays & other days
- Frank's Pasta & Grill
Various evenings- check facebook page
- The Mill
Thursdays at 7:00 pm
- Riccos Bar & Grill
Fridays and Saturdays
Annual Fundraising Galas
- Cobourg Rotary Sportsman's Night - Usually early February
- NHH (Hospital) Gala - First or second Saturday in November
Get a map and walk around Cobourg - especially the Waterfront Boardwalk and Park. Full details. Includes locations of public washrooms.
For 2017 - See Cobourg Calendar here for exact dates. Not yet confirmed for 2017
- Cemetery Walks. 7:00pm Most Friday Evenings - July & August. Tickets at Victoria Hall Box Office.
- Ghost Walks. Friday Evenings. 9pm - Friday Evenings - July & August. Tickets at Victoria Hall Box Office.
Occasional events – check each web site
- Lions Hall New Year’s Eve, Valentines, Oktoberfest dances and more.
- Legion Hall – regular Darts, Euchre and occasional Roast beef dinners and Dances. Good events calendar.
- Columbus Community Centre - Sunday breakfasts monthly, Sept. thru May. Roast beef and Strawberry suppers.
Looking for social activity?
Join a club or volunteer in an organization.
Click here for list of clubs and organizations to join.