Search this Site

News Update

August 21

1. The RibFest finished yesterday

RibFest 2017

2. YMCA Decision. The Town has now issued a Press Release and full report on the investigation of a possible merger between the YMCA and the CCC.  Full background details are given plus the reasoning for the decision. There is also a compromise proposal made. The details have now been tabled - not announced. More here.

Subscribe

email iconSign up for an email newsletter that lets you know when a new Post has been made. Will be sent at 8:00 a.m. any day with a new post. Unsubscribe at any time. Name optional.  Click here to subscribe.

Comments Policy

Comments that include personal attacks and/or completely off topic will be deleted. Criticize the argument, not the person. Your real name is not required, but to distinguish between posters - a unique name is best. But do enter something.  If you don't, your comment will be deleted. Register and then login and then you can also edit your own comments! If you have problems, first check this page.

Latest Comments

  • Dubious said More
    Anyone who attended the meeting last night is aware of the relationship. The... 1 hour ago.
  • GailR said More
    I attended the public meeting on the rezoning of this property last night.... 2 hours ago.
  • Wally Keeler said More
    "We all know if she is our Mayors Niece then it will get approved."

    Not true.... 2 hours ago.
  • cornbread said More
    Pardon me, but 58% is not just a bare majority...58 versus 42 is a 38%... 4 hours ago.
  • concerned said More
    A good question was asked in comments... Who gave them the permission to... 4 hours ago.
  • cornbread said More
    If the upper major portion of College St. is zoned R3....why would council want... 4 hours ago.
  • Concerned said More
    why all the fuss and furor. We all know if she is our Mayors Niece then it will... 4 hours ago.
  • Dubious said More
    Mr. Brocanier's abusive behaviour reflects poorly on Cobourg's residents. If you... 5 hours ago.

Login Form

Registering and logging in is recommended but not necessary for commenting

Login and edit your own posts.

Site Features

See this page for more about this site including its features.

The DBIA seems to have found its Mojo! A string of successful Downtown events has defied weather forecasts. Despite a forecast of thunderstorms today, there was sunshine all day so all the merchants had their wares outside - just like the publicity said - it was a sidewalk sale. As usual there was entertainment although the big event of the day was the Shelter Valley Songwriter's Showcase at 6:30pm. Seven hopeful songwriters performed their work with the hope that three finalists would go on to feature at the upcoming Festival on Labour Day weekend.

The Sidewalk sale is a four day event and will continue through Sunday. Today (Thursday) the crowd included Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne who came to visit.See the photos and story on Northumberland Today here

On Saturday, Cobourg will also stage the Annual Sandcastle competition although the beach is not 100% and the weather forecast looks unfavourable (optimists will point out that a 30% chance of thunderstorms means that there's a 70% chance of none). Then on Monday, Rob Franklin will (as usual) put on his James Cockburn outfit and persona but this time will perform a new one man play especially written for this year's 150 celebrations by Robert Washburn. Catch it outside Victoria Hall at 11:00am - no charge.

Below are some photos of vendors and the Shelter Valley Showcase. The finalists were selected by vote by the audience.

Note that the street piano outside Victoria Hall got some attention while waiting for the Auditions to start.

Sidewalk Sale 1 Sidewalk Sale 07

Sidewalk Sale 08 Sidewalk Sale 10

  Sidewalk Sale 12 Sidewalk Sale 13

Sidewalk Sale 19 Sidewalk Sale 24

 

Google Ad