Last Updated on
Information of interest to residents of Cobourg
For the term Nov 2018 – Nov 2022
|Mayor||John Henderson||Economic Development
|Deputy Mayor||Suzanne Séguin||General Government|
|Councillor||Nicole Beatty||Planning and Development Services|
|Councillor||Brian Darling||Public Works Services|
|Councillor||Emily Chorley||Parks and Recreation|
|Councillor||Aaron Burchat||Protection Services|
|Councillor||Adam Bureau||Arts, Culture and Tourism|
|John Hendersonfirstname.lastname@example.org||289 251-4193|
|Suzanne Séguinemail@example.com||905 269-1560|
|Brian Darlingfirstname.lastname@example.org||289 251-2177|
Council Meetings are held on a 3 week cycle – Committee of the Whole and Regular Council meetings occurring on consecutive Mondays, however, leaving one week at the beginning of each cycle where Council and the public have time to review the agenda. That is, there is a 2 week gap between each Regular Council meeting and the next Committee of the Whole meeting. A full schedule of dates & times of Council meetings is on the related News site here. All meetings are at 6:00 pm.
Contact the Town
55 King Street West, Cobourg, ON K9A 2M2
Main Phone: (905) 372-4301
Toll Free: 1-888-972-4301
Main Fax: (905) 372-7558
Cobourg Community Centre: 1-888-972-7371
Concert Hall: 1-855-372-2210
See also this list of Advisory Committees and their members
Social Media Sites
- Information was valid as of October 2019. Current Transit Map and schedule available here.
Parking in Cobourg
- Where to park in Cobourg and how much it will cost you. Rates and map here.
Community Centre Schedule for Seniors
- Town of Cobourg Events Calendar – pretty useless – try Cobourg Internet’s Entertainment calendar instead
- Public Meetings – a regularly updated list of public meetings called by the Town (on a related site)
Current Town Notices
- News Centre – Public Notices and press releases
- Council Agendas and Minutes – takes a lot of reading!
Emergency Notification System
Cobourg has an emergency notification system to get the word out to citizens for such emergencies as derailments, water problems etc.
To sign up, you go to this link:
It will notify users by:
- Telephone (Cell and Home)
- SMS text messaging
Town of Cobourg – Strategic Plan
- A new Strategic Plan for 2019 – 2022 is available although not on the Town’s site where only a draft has been published. Download Final approved plan (pdf) here.
Voting for council occurs every 4 years in October. The next vote will be in 2022.
The population of Cobourg and other Municipalities in Northumberland as of 2016.
A number of Municipal government functions are handled by the County.
- Garbage management – including pickup of “wet” garbage, “dry” (recyclable) garbage and Yard Waste. (More on Yard waste pickup here)
- Social services – that is, welfare, subsidized housing, the Golden Plough Lodge
- Ambulance Services
- Planning for some municipalities
- County Roads and Bridges
- County Economic Development and Tourism
There are a good number of citizen committees set up to advise Council on a range of subjects. For a list of them plus a list of members, go here.
In 2018, the Town published a plain-language By-Law Guide. It’s not available online on the Town’s web site but is available at this page.